Thursday, June 30, 2011

You Made It Grandpa!

I hug grandfather very gently, because he is in a lot of pain. I hug him gently, because he is moaning and crying at the same time. The doctor and nurse walk in and she suggests "say your good byes." I feel like screaming, fainting into a dark ocean of tears. I watch the bed with Grandpa in it go out the door and my heart feels like it is going to explode. My 14-year old kind of tough brother said, "don't be afraid. Megan, Matthew, do you guys need a hug?" We say yes and both of our tears go all over Will's jersey. It is sopping wet salty tears. I am waiting. I am shaking like I was cold. I wait in the hall to hear that my grandfather makes it. The operation is finally over. My Dad whispers to Will, "He made it!" Will whispers to me "He made it!" I whisper to Matt "He made it!" I want to scream my head off that he made it, but we just jump up and down instead.

5 comments:

  1. Cupcake-this is a great story! Nice job! Love, Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I love it Megan! At first I had tears in my eyes because I thought that Grandpa wasn't going to make it. Now I have tears of joy in my eyes because he made it! God bless you girlfriend. Jeanne (Ivan Molina's Mom)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Megan, what an inspiring story! Your grandpa is a very strong man and must be so proud of you. I'm happy to hear he fought through it just like we all hoped and prayed for.

    You're an amazing writer. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Megan, this is Sarah, Paul Publico's fiance. You are an amazing writer! Keep up the great work. I can't wait to read more of your stories. Hope to see you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Megan, this is AnneLise. I'm so glad you decided to blog! You're so talented! Your words paint pictures in people's minds. That isn't easy to do. Only the most talented writers can do this, and you're one of them. Keep it up! I look forward to reading everything you write!

    ReplyDelete